Thursday, May 10, 2012

Death of Hip Hop Legend MCA of The Beastie Boys

Hello To The Free World
And To The Not So Free World





Adam Yauch, better known to music fans as MCA died at the of 48 from cancer
MCA is one third of the legendary rap group The Beastie Boys
Along with Ad Rock and Mike D.
The Beastie Boys was the real first big white act in rap music
And not Vanilla Ice or Eminem
Besides from rap music, MCA was passionate in movements to free Tibet
He organized the Free Tibet Concerts in 2002.



I was a fan of the Beastie Boys music, especially in the 80's and 90's
I mean come on
Who did not like "Fight For Your Right To Party"
The song and the video was SO SO SO fun and even when the video came out
I was too young too party
But when I looked at the video I really wanted to party.

Another song I really loved was "Time To Get Ill."
Both songs came off the legendary album "License To Ill:
WHICH WAS VERY ILL OF AN ALBUM

Or you can say it was a very good album
I thought "Time To Get Ill"
WAS PURE PURE HIP HOP AND FUNKY AND SMOOTH
"License to Ill" was really one of the best rap albums of all time.






Probably the one song that really moved me from the great "Sabotage."
I loved this song so much because of the hard rock element in it
I always love when rap and hard rock mix together
I guess you could tell that I loved the collaboration between Public Enemy and Anthrax
But 'Sabatoge" was just so energetic, powerful and inspirational
What made it inspirational was the lyrics
"I Cant Stand It, I Know You Planned It" and "What You See You Might Not Get"
These lines sound like it relates to a corrupt United States government.

The Beastie Boys was really a group that talked about having fun
And they portrayed that
They were also a group that was into rhyming about social and political issues
And Adam Yauch was a prime example of this
His work to free Tibet was honorable and kind.

In The End I must  Say God Bless You Adam 
For Your Musical, Film 

And
 
Social Justice Contributions



No comments:

Post a Comment