Saturday, May 19, 2012

Tyring To Make Black Face Positive

Hello To The Real World
And To The Not So Real World

I have to tell you about a black face story that is something. A 2nd grader named Sean King from Meridian Ranch Elementary School in Colorado Springs to dress as a historical figure as part of a school project  wanted to emulate someone that he admires, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Now this youngster admired what Dr. Martin Luther King stood for. A man who wanted equal rights for Black citizens of this country and for racial harmony and peace between the races of this country. I understand why this young man admires Dr. King because of all of this, so the boy admired Dr. King so much that he decided to paint his face black.
I do not believe this, but I am not mad at the kid. He sincerely did not mean to cause anyone any harm by doing this, but he has offended people. Sean has offended this school administration who it totally against what the has done, and the administration considers what he has done to be very racist.

I know many in my community feel that I should be very upset by all of this, but I am not. Sean King is truly a young man who wants equally for all in The United States, and he truly wants to pass the message of peace on to everyone in America. So, for those who do not agree with me on my view about this, take a look at the video footage in this blog posting any maybe you will see what I see, a kid with peaceful intent.



Have A Good Night......

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment